How many times has it been since I graduated college? Either way, we've got it down to a science now. Moving can be such a wasteful endeavor. So, how can we keep our move more earth friendly? Below are some of the things we're doing to keep things responsible:
1. Plan Ahead! It's a few weeks before we really have to be packed up, but we're already collecting boxes whenever we can. If you wait to the last minute, you end up having to scramble and buy boxes.
2. Check out craigslist for people getting rid of boxes from their move. (Note to self: post on craigslist about free boxes after our move!)
3. Ask stores for boxes that they normally crush. I've been hitting up the flower lady at the grocery store and a local bookstore for our boxes so far!
4. Get creative with your packing solutions: Use your suitcases, backpacks, and reusable grocery tote bags to transport stuff.
5. Recycle the cardboard boxes and paper packing supplies after the move!
6. Avoid styrofoam stuffing for fragile items. Save up packing supplies as you see them come in at work and home deliveries.
7. Use what you have to pack! Pack fragile items in tshirts and towels.
Any other tips would be appreciated! Feel free to pass them along!