In honor of our trip (and to add a little whimsy), I decided to make some Alaska shirts for our trip. One of those viral pins on Pinterest about bleaching t-shirts with a bleach pen was my inspiration.
Take One: Bleach Pen T-shirt
1. I decided on the phrase for the shirt "AK is o.k." and googled images for moose heads to emulate.
2. I used stickers to place out a rough guideline as to where I would "draw" with the bleach.
3. I placed a piece of cardboard inside the t-shirt so that the bleach would not bleed through to the back.
4. I used that dexterity God gave me and my design education from Judson University to sketch out the image on the shirts.
5. Sadly, the bleach did not work out as I had hoped. The bleach was too sloppy and runny on my shirt, so I decided I had to scrap that. Then, the hubbs' shirt (below), which was made of a softer cotton, would not bleach. After I washed the shirt, you could not tell that any bleach had been soaking on the shirt at all!
Take Two: Screen Printing Ink!
1. I headed on over to the craft store to look for fabric paint and left with this:
2. I followed the instructions on the bottle and here were the results! It was super easy!
Moral of the story: AK is not just o.k. - It's Amazing!